Meet the family behind Familylaser & a special giveaway to one lucky winner!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Ashley & Amber at a mutual friends wedding a few years ago. First of all I have to mention, these girls will without a doubt beat you at a dance off. Second, they are so full of life and their smile lights up any room they are in, it’s hard not to be instantly drawn to them. I haven’t met their sister Amie or their father, but if they are anything like Ashley and Amber, which I’m certain they are, I know they are remarkable individuals as well.
I was thrilled when Amber contacted me and asked if their business, Familylaser (a business that customizes products using a laser and sublimation machine), would qualify as a feature on my blog. After looking through their products, I was extremely eager to feature them and without any hesitation, I agreed!
I love receiving and giving gifts … who doesn’t? but to have gifts customized with Bible verses, quotes, birthdays, etc., on cutting boards, photo canvases, coasters, phone covers, or anything else that comes to mind makes it that much more special, and that’s what Familylaser does.
Get to know the lovely family behind Familylaser –
- Tell us a little about yourself …. what do you do for fun?
I am one of the four Familylaser members. We are all married and live within 3 hours of each other. Dad has been married for 37 years and us three girls make up our immediate family. See below for the breakdown of who is who!
-Dad, married for 37 years this coming Sept, three daughters who are all married, and four grandsons with one due very soon
– Amie, married for three years and have a one year old little boy
– Ashley, married for five years with a two year old boy and one on the way
-Amber, married for four years and has two boys – a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old
Fun to us is being together as a family! Since we have been little tykes, we have spent an abundance of time together as family. No question it is tougher now that our family of five has grown to 12.5 but we still get together. That’s because we work at making it happen. Our vehicles can go on autopilot as they know the way to each others homes.
- What is the most rewarding thing about being a wife and a mother?
It’s a new life and it changes everyday! Seems like we were just married and now we wake to the sound of little feet running around our home. Life together as a family is as good as it gets.
- You and your family recently started a family business called Familylaser, could you tell us about it?
It was an opportunity to start something from scratch and build it into something we all can contribute to. It is a true juggling act with our young families, but it is growing and something we are super proud of. We build our business one customer at a time. Quality work and great customer service are at the core of what we do. Our specialty is wood custom lasered products that range from cutting boards, serving trays, lake maps, wood bowls and more!
- How did Familylaser come about?
– Our dad has always been a successful entrepreneur! My oldest sister, married Derek Kern, who’s dad started Kern Electronic and Lasers. That’s where the spark started. An entrepreneur and a quality laser. We mixed in our enthusiasm and started building Familylaser.
- what is something unique about Familylaser that other businesses don’t have?
We are not about titles or job descriptions. We are all about our customers and we get great satisfaction taking a customer idea and turning it into something special. When you are working with Familylaser you are talking to someone who wants to exceed your expectations. That’s not easy to come by in today’s business world.
- How do you stay focused despite the business in your life?
Our shared philosophy is this… “If a persons family life is grounded and at the top of the priority list, then one can tackle most anything in life.” Keeping our family number one allows us to be efficient and productive in business.
- if you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting a business, what would it be?
– Understand that challenges are directly related to the opportunities. The opportunities can be endless that one has to be disciplined and stay focused on what makes your business succeed. Bottom line….you can’t do much of anything without a road map. Make sure you have one (business plan) and change and adjust as you go.
- Lastly, what’s one of your favorite items from Familylaser?
Great question! Zebrawood, Acacia, Maple, Bamboo, Birch, Sapwood…oh my…they are all beautiful woods that our products are featured on. A favorite would have to be the Acacia Honeycomb platter. It has the most beautiful grain and no two are alike.
Familylaser were generous enough to customize a beautiful 10×10 laser engraved phrase on a serving platter made out of acacia wood for a giveaway!!!
Here’s how you can win this beautiful serving platter –
- Share this post on any social media site (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, etc.)
- Follow Familylaser on Faceook and Instagram (if you don’t have Instagram, Facebook will be just fine)
- Come back here and comment in the comment box that you have done the first two.
I will announce the winner Thursday July 2nd! 🙂